If you are considering Botox or a Facelift, keep reading. In this post, you will learn more about Botox and Facelifts, what they are and the benefits or each.
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable treatment that softens wrinkles by blocking the signal from the nerve to muscles. Botox is designed to treat:
· Wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity
· Crow’s feet
· Fine lines between and above the brows
· Forehead lines
· Frown lines around the mouth
Benefits of Botox
The benefits of Botox injections include:
· No downtime
· Minimally invasive
· Cost-effective option to surgery
· Results within 48 hours or longer
While Botox might be a minimal time and cost-effective option over a facelift, it is not without its drawbacks and is not a real alternative to a facelift. Uncommon side effects of Botox injections are headaches, which can occur within the first 48 hours, temporary bruising and pain at the injection site.
What is a Facelift?
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure performed to reduce signs of aging and achieve a more youthful, rejuvenated look. Some of the problems addressed by facelift surgery include:
· Loss of skin elasticity.
· Loss of chin and neck contours.
· Loss of muscle tone in the face and neck.
· “Turkey neck” with sagging skin.
Benefits of a Facelift
There are a variety of benefits to getting a facelift, such as:
· Improved self-confidence.
· Look as young as you feel.
· More significant results than injectable treatments.
· Dramatic, long-lasting results. The results of a facelift can last 10 years or longer.
Common side effects of a facelift are swelling and bruising, longer recovery time - up to two weeks and the additional risks associated with anesthesia used during the surgical procedure.
Remember to always discuss treatment options with your doctor before making a decision. To schedule a free consultation with Dr. Reid to learn more about a Facelift, Botox or other cosmetic procedure, call today at (843) 681-4088.