KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable that destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin to enhance your profile.
How does KYBELLA® work?
KYBELLA’s active ingredient, synthetic deoxycholic acid, is a naturally occurring molecule that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the submental fat deposits under the chin, KYBELLA® destroys the fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness. Once destroyed, these fat cells no longer have the ability to store or accumulate fat. Once you reach your desired aesthetic objective, you no longer need additional treatments.
What to expect from your KYBELLA® treatments
Before starting your injection treatment, your KYBELLA® specialist will examine the area under the chin to determine if KYBELLA® is right for you. We personalize a custom treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.
How is KYBELLA® applied?
A KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist can only administer treatment. Each session consists of multiple small injections under your chin. The process takes between 15 to 20 minutes. The number of injections depends on your desired profile and the amount of fat in the treatment area.
How many KYBELLA® sessions will I need?
The number of sessions differs from patient to patient based on aesthetic goals and submental fat distribution. Each session is performed at least one month apart and should not exceed six treatments.
What is the recovery time?
After each KYBELLA® treatment session, you will have some swelling, bruising or numbness under your chin.
What should I tell my doctor before treatment?
Before receiving KYBELLA®, let us know about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- If you have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin
- If you have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin
- If you have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- If you have had or have trouble swallowing
- If you have bleeding problems
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant (KYBELLA® is not known to harm your unborn baby)
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (KYBELLA® is not known to pass into your breast milk)
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners
Call us today to schedule a free consultation to find out if Kybella is right for you at (843) 681-4088.